This tour is all about enjoying Valencia’s s best places with authentic wine and food. Typical dishes in Valencia include: fried fish, grilled vegetables, fresh products such as tomatoes and one of the largest agricultural crops in Valencia, rice!
Our focus will be on seasonal products with traditional elaborations in each of the 5 restaurants you’ll visit. Our native Sherpas have searched through the city’s downtown to find the best “don’t miss” dining spots, ensuring that you are going where the locals like eating, skipping the “touristy” restaurants!
Valencia center tour with visit to historical sites
Five tapas and drinks in five bars/restaurants
Soft drinks and water also available
Selected local wines to pair with tapas
Wine selection available
Protected Denomination of Origin Valencia:
– Reds from Monastrell, Mandó, Bobal in case of single varieties or coupage with other varieties allowed by the DO Council. Also available from this PDO are wines elaborated fully in clay amphoras in the ancient roman style.
– Whites from Merseguera, Macabeo, Tardana or allowed coupage.
PDO of Utiel-Requena:
– Reds from Bobal, Syrah, Grenache or coupage allowed by the DO Council.
– Whites from Tardana, Verdejo, Parellada or allowed coupage.
– PDO Cava from authorized Valencian vineyards and cellars.
– Also available wines from PDO Alicante, PDO Almansa and PDO Rias Baixas for 100% Albariño whites.
– Vermouth: Tarragona style (Citrus), Requena style (Cinnamon), Alicante style (sweet), other regional elaborations. Mistela, the traditional Valencian liquor made of 100% Moscatel must, controlled by the PDO Valencia Council.
Click here for full itinerary
Meet the guide at Marques Dos Aguas Museum.
Visit the top 5 dining spots in downtown to experience an authentic Valencia La Nit
End of the tour. Your guide will be happy to answer any questions that you may have regarding the rest of your stay.
Meet Jose, Your Native Sherpa
Jose lives Valencia with a great passion, and with a vast tourism background, he can show you the most hidden places & secrets of this exciting city. He knows Valencia by heart, especially the downtown and coastline restaurants, where you can usually find him experiencing the unique flavors of the region. In summary, Jose is a careful cicerone that will make sure you have the best experience in Valencia.
Great way to discover the rich history of Valencia and the quality and diversity of Tapas. Javier has been a fantastic guide. We took this tour on our first evening in Valencia and it helped us a lot during the rest of our stay.
August 3, 2018
Een fantastische ervaring om het centrum van Valencia te bezoeken en je mee te laten nemen naar de beste en gezelligste plekjes in de stad. Een aanrader voor iedereen
July 25, 2018
My friend and I took the Evening Tapas and History Tour with Javier and we had a wonderful time. Javier spent over 4 hours with us, explaining Valencian history, buildings, foods and customs. We stopped in tavernas along the way that were mostly frequented by locals and ended the night in a wonderful little wine bar. Javier could not have been more informative or friendly. It was a wonderful experience and a great way to get a deeper knowledge of Valencia.
April 29, 2018
Great intro to Valencia both historically and Foodie. A perfect combination, Javiers passion for the city and sharing some places to eat and drink were infectious!
April 4, 2018
4 travellers are considering this tour right now!