Downtown Valencia has been a true source of inspiration for its citizens! Throughout the city, locals have established restaurants, pubs, and special meeting spots to gather together with friends and family depending on the season and day of the week. Old Town Valencia is the place to be if you are looking for mouthwatering tapas, iconic sites and gourmet shops.
This tour is organized according to the day of the week, the time of day and the season of your visit. This flexibility ensures that you experience the highlights of Valencia according to which wine and food are in season and what sites are the best to enjoy the city! You will also taste the most seasonal dishes as your local sherpa takes around the city to 3 popular tapas bars loved by Valencian locals for their amazing food and wine!
Tapas may include cold cuts, cheese, fried fish, vegetables, pastry & and other regional dish
Drinks may include wine, beer, soft drink, water, Horchata or Agua de Valencia
Wine selection available
Protected Denomination of Origin Valencia:
– Reds from Monastrell, Mandó, Bobal in case of single varieties or coupage with other varieties allowed by the DO Council. Also available from this PDO are wines elaborated fully in clay amphoras in the ancient roman style.
– Whites from Merseguera, Macabeo, Tardana or allowed coupage.
PDO of Utiel-Requena:
– Reds from Bobal, Syrah, Grenache or coupage allowed by the DO Council.
– Whites from Tardana, Verdejo, Parellada or allowed coupage.
– PDO Cava from authorized Valencian vineyards and cellars.
– Also available wines from PDO Alicante, PDO Almansa and PDO Rias Baixas for 100% Albariño whites.
– Vermouth: Tarragona style (Citrus), Requena style (Cinnamon), Alicante style (sweet), other regional elaborations. Mistela, the traditional Valencian liquor made of 100% Moscatel must, controlled by the PDO Valencia Council.
Click here for full itinerary
• Meet at the City Hall Square – Plaça de L’Ajuntament
• Walk through Valencia’s downtown boroughs and have the best tapa choices of the day at 3 different restaurants
Meet Jose, Your Native Sherpa
Jose lives Valencia with a great passion, and with a vast tourism background, he can show you the most hidden places & secrets of this exciting city. He knows Valencia by heart, especially the downtown and coastline restaurants, where you can usually find him experiencing the unique flavors of the region. In summary, Jose is a careful cicerone that will make sure you have the best experience in Valencia.
My husband and I took this tour and it was excellent. We’ve walked all over and learned interesting things about the history of Valencia as well as current life in Spain. Along the way we sampled tapas and wines at various stops. We learned about the different food customs in Spain as well, as this is very different than North America. We had an excellent guide and very knowledgable. We had a great evening. I would recommend to every one to take this tour. Thank you!
August 6, 2018
De tour is zeer informatief en vooral lekker. Je krijgt te horen en te zien van het ontstaan van Valencia door de eeuwen heen. Het enthousiasme van Jose is fantastisch. Het geheel heeft meer dan 6 uur geduurd en het voelde niet zo, waarschijnlijk doordat gezelligheid geen tijd kent!
March 29, 2018
We got to visit places we wouldn’t have found by ourselves. The tour guide was really charismatic and energetic and the food we had… just amazing! Thank you for everything!
March 7, 2018
3 travellers are considering this tour right now!